What Is A Porcelain Veneer?
Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve your appearance, and look natural. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length so that all your teeth will match and fit perfectly.
What Issues Can Porcelain Veneers Treat?
- Teeth That Are Discolored
- From either of a root canal treatment; stains from tobacco or other drugs, or the presence of previous dental fillings that have discolored the tooth.
- Teeth That Are Worn Down
- Teeth That Are Chipped or Broken
- Teeth That Are Misaligned, Uneven, or Irregularly Shaped
- Teeth With Gaps Between Them (Porcelain veneers will be used to close the space between these teeth)
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last & Do They Require Any Special After-Care?
Veneers generally last between 7 and 15 years, of course with proper oral hygiene. After this time, the veneers would need to be replaced.
Dental veneers do not require any special care. Continue to follow good oral hygiene practices, including brushing, flossing, and rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash as you normally would. This will ensure your new porcelain veneers look absolutely stunning and last beyond expectations.
The Benefits Of Porcelain Veneers
- They provide a natural tooth appearance. Your friends and family will most likely not even notice that you had a porcelain veneer treatment.
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well which will prevent your gums from becoming irritated or swollen.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant, and you simply can not beat anything that is stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
- Veneers are often the most inexpensive cosmetic makeover procedure when compared to other procedures.
Schedule A Consultation
If you would like to determine if a smile makeover is right for you using porcelain veneers, visit plantation Road Dental Care. Our team can work with you to create a treatment plan that addresses all of your cosmetic needs. To learn more, contact us or request an appointment.